O&P Awareness Initiative
OPAF Orthotics and Prosthetics (O&P) Awareness Initiative
The OPAF O&P Awareness Initiative furthers our mission to help raise public awareness of the fields of orthotics and prosthetics.
This initiative offers educational resources to individuals who are interested in teaching others about the past, present, and future of the dynamic fields of O&P.
Designed to grow over time as needs and resources are identified, this OPAF project is conducted in cooperation with:
- American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (AAOP);
- American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics (ABC);
- American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association (AOPA);
- Disability History Museum;
- Friends of the US National Library of Medicine (FNLM) ;
- Medical Museum of University of Iowa Health Care;
- National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE);
- US National Library of Medicine (NLM);
- Northwestern University's Prosthetics Research Laboratory and Rehabilitation Engineering Research Program;
- OANDP.COM - The Global Resource for Orthotics & Prosthetics Information;
- Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation (RWSIR) Library and Archive;
- Ted Trower, CPO;
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Historical Collections; and
- Veterans History Project of the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress
All resources included on these pages are reviewed by OPAF. Resources are intended for informational use only and not as an endorsement by OPAF. If you have a resource to suggest, please contact the Fund at .
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the materials included in the OPAF O&P Awareness Initiative. If you do not have this program installed on your browser, you can download it here for free.^ Top